Mechanical Development Company, Inc. (MDCI) was founded in 1950 by Paul Powell and Roy Spain in Roy’s basement. MDCI was started to provide quality machined parts for the synthetic fiber and lock industries. Since that time we have grown and expanded our facility to the 50,000 square feet of floor space we currently occupy. In addition to size we have broadened our industries served to include nuclear, plastics, recycling, medical, food, transportation, printing, packaging, biotech and building/construction.
We still maintain strong relationships with some of the companies that we started doing business with in the 1950s.
The Powell Family still owns MDCI and the second and third generations still operate the company day to day with a focus on maintaining MDCI’s long standing dedication to customer service and quality that has kept some of our original customers from the 1950s.